In your personal profile, you can configure the options to receive only one daily email with a summary of all messages in the forums of the course, or one email for each message written in each forum.
Most videos VCPH courses are uploaded in YouTube. If you can not see them, try using different browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari).
You should also make sure that you have a good Internet connection with sufficient bandwidth to play the videos. In some cases, institutions block access to these platforms. Try to play the videos from a computer without restrictions.
Depending on the course, the deadlines for the activities can be reviewed in the Syllabus or course schedule. Also, you have access to the deadlines in the description page of each of the assignments. In other cases, a text appears under each activity in which the dates will be shown.
By participating in VCPH courses, you must have the commitment to spend eight to ten (8-10) hours per week to participate in the different synchronous and asynchronous activities of the course, with permanent delivery of different assignments or exercises and the meeting of deadlines established in the course schedule.
Usually, activities such as readings, assignments, exercises, thematic forums, and general participation in the course are evaluated. In some cases, assessment questionnaires/quizzes are included. In courses with tutors, you must complete a final evaluation or "Intervention Proposal", of feasible application in your work context. This proposal allows the integration of knowledge and facilitates the continuity of thought and action after the course is completed as a learning experience.
Two evaluation scales are used in VCPH courses:
- A qualitative scale for assessing the various activities based on the criteria defined for the course (VG Very Good - G Good - R Regular - NC not completed)
- A qualitative scale for final certification of the course and overall assessment of your performance (Passed with Excellence - Passed with Distinction - Passed - Failed)
In the case of country node courses, course certificates will depend on the course and the coordination of the institutions involved in its organization.
When viewing the course home page, you'll see a link to "Grades" in the Administration block on the left. In this section you can see your grades for each of the activities and modules, with the feedback received from your tutor.
Participants who meet the requirements of each course will receive a certificate issued by PAHO.
In courses with tutors, after review by coordinators and the Campus administration, you will be informed through a course announcement when you can download your online certificate. In self-learning courses you can download your online certificate automatically once you have met the requirements of the course.
Before downloading your course certficate, you will need to fill out a survey related to your experience in the course.
Yes, in the event that you don't have access to a computer, you can also join the WebEx sessions using smartphones or tablets. Please note that you will not find all the WebEx options when using these devices. Also, consider data usage and costs associated with using your service provider's data connection.
Yes, session moderators can record the WebEx sessions. When opening the recording, you will be able to read the chat messages, view the whiteboard contents, and hear the microphone conversations that were part of the session.
In most cases, you will be able to view the session recording afterwards. It is important to please inform your tutor the reasons why you will not be able to participate. If you continue with difficulties when joining sesions, we recommend that you write to your tutor or the VCPH Webmaster, or by using the VCPH Help Desk.
The main tools and options of WebEx rooms are:
- Participants panel: Shows the list of people in the room, according to their role (panelists and attendees).
- Chat panel: Allows you to send text messages to all participants in the room, or to a specific person (private message), or to all panelists.
- Icon options: When you activate any of these icons, it will appear next to your name, in the Participants panel (Raise your hand, “Yes” answer, “No” answer, Smiley faces and emoticons)
- Whiteboard: This is the area where hosts and panelists will share their screen, slides or other contents.
- Menu bar: Offers other options (for example, “Audio” to test your sound).
- Microphone: Shows the current status of your microphone (activated, muted).
If you need to configure your microphone and speakers (you can’t hear or others don’t hear you when you talk):
- Go to the “Audio” menu, then “Speaker/Microphone Audio Test” to check your sound and microphone.
- Check the volume of your microphone in your computer and in the WebEx room window (you will have a volume control slider when you open the room and in the "Audio" menu).
- Make sure that at the left of your name a headset icon appears. If not, go to the menu, then “Audio”, then “Integrated Voice Conference”. Select “Join Conference” to begin listening.
- Check the microphone installation in your computer, or ask for help from someone in your institution or someone with more technological expertise near you.
If none of these options work, you can write to your tutor or the VCPH Webmaster, or contact us through the VCPH Help Desk.
Usually, a poor internet conection with low bandwidth will result in delayed audio or incomplete sound. The first recommenation is to try joining the sessions in an area with the best possible internet connection.
Connection issues can also result in delay when loading the different contents in the whiteboard.